Some Information about Lego
LEGO is just about the amazing institutions of his era with most likely the best choice of toys ever made.
LEGO began similar to amazing companies from modest beginnings a lot more 1932 a Danish carpenter Ole Kirk Christiansen's carpentry business was embroiled inside a recession and just about went bankrupt. To repay the invoices, Ole started to produce little wooden toys in their shop and marketed them locally. 2 yrs later he titled his company LEGO the name of that is according to 2 Danish words "Leg" and "Godt" which suggests to "play well" thereby LEGO premiered. His first toy was obviously a wooden toy duck.
Ole Kirk Christiansen wouldn't actually invent toy building bricks. He was inspired using a sort of self locking building brick patented in great britain years earlier. LEGO acquired all the rights for this brick system if your inventor died as well as the earliest LEGO bricks were pretty much a precise copy of this system.
LEGO bricks, as we know them at the moment, were first created in 1958. The bricks constructed then still interlock with all the ones built today. This kind of consistency is amongst the factors that creates LEGO the terrific company that it's now.
LEGO pieces are engineered so that you have a product for every individual. From infants to schoolchildren, youths to adults, from standard brick sets to the large inspired sets including the LEGO Airport, the LEGO Taj Mahal and LEGO Tower bridge. Whether you would like to start yourself making things up as you go along or building one of the various predesigned model sets, LEGO will constantly deliver.
Do you realize:
- Every year, about 19 billion LEGO bricks are made. That is 2.16 million LEGO bricks every hour, or 36,000 each and every minute.
- The LEGO construction process is very accurate that just 18 from every A million LEGO bricks manufactured are usually flawed.
- LEGO fabricates about 306 million tiny rubber tyres annually which suggests they cook more tyres than any tyre manufacturer on earth.
- Around 62 LEGO bricks for each person one of several world's 6 billion inhabitants.
- Youngsters all over the world spend around 5 billion hours 12 months finding pleasure in with LEGO sets.
- Around 400 million people around the globe have tinkered with LEGO bricks.
- Well over 400 billion LEGO bricks are actually made since 1949. Piled over each other, this can be enough to join planet earth and also the Moon ten times over.
- 7 LEGO sets can be bought by outlets every second all over the world.
- The LEGO bricks bought in a year would circle the globe 5 times.
- By far the highest LEGO tower at 94.3 ft (28.7 m) with 465,000 bricks.
- Our planet's Longest LEGO Build at 5,179.8 ft (1,578.8 m) with 2.9 million bricks.
- The earth's Largest LEGO Image at 870.15 ft (80.84), with 1.Two million bricks.
- The earth record with the largest Lego castle used 400,000 bricks.
- The Lego Group calculated that simply eight-stud bricks may be arranged in 915,103,765 unique ways.
- The largest life sized house made out of interlocking plastic bricks is 4. 69 metres (15 ft 4 in) high, 9.39 metres (30 ft 9 in) long and 5 75 metres (18 ft 10 in) wide and possesses of two floors with four rooms altogether. It turned out accomplished by 1,200 volunteers along with James May (UK) for James May's Toy Stories in Dorking, UK, on 17 September 2009. 2.4 million LEGO bricks were utilized. The property had an internal lumber support structure. James May spent just one night in the house,which wound up leaking.
- The tallest structure developed with interlocking plastic bricks was 30.52 m (100 ft,1 in) high and it was constructed by the Stichting Limmen Ludiek (Netherlands) foundation on in Limmen, Netherlands, on 6 June 2010. The tapered tower structure took a couple of days to build and needed the support greater than 1,800 volunteer workers. The 1st section was placed by Kim Rosner Pedersen, first secretary at the Danish embassy from the Netherlands. Two engineers from LEGO - Per Knudsen and Karsten Niebuhr - also travelled from Denmark to help in supervising the attempt.
- The greatest variety of complete LEGO makes its presence felt an individual collection is 1,091 and is owned by Kyle Ugone (USA) in Yuma, Arizona, USA, by 23 July 2011. Kyle Ugone is with the Marine Corps and begun his collection in 1986.
- In 2000, The British Association of Toy Retailers named the Lego brick "Toy of the Century", defeating the teddy bear, Barbie and Action Man.
- Germany may be the worlds primary Lego market, in reality, Lego will be the # 1 toy company in Germany. The favorite lines in Germany are Lego TECHNIC and Lego CITY.
- The U. S. will be the second largest markets, while using most popular lines being BIONICLE and Lego Alien.
- The Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System set is the biggest selling Lego set ever. Over One million these happen to be bought in the earth since their roll-out.
- The first three kinds of Lego sets were town, space, and pirates.